A new Caravan Club CL site, surrounded by the beautiful countryside of the Charnwood Forest and close to the new National Forest Way.
The site is:
- Has easy access,
- With good TV reception,
- Good WiFi Broadband access,
- There are great walks direct from the site.
- And is located in beautiful countryside.
The entrance to Bradgate Park, the home of Lady Jane Grey, the nine day Queen is just across from the site and a network of footpaths can be accessed without having to step foot on a road.
There are many local attractions and things to do in the area. Maps and local information can be found in a cabin on site, which also provides a drying area for wet coats and boots.
There are five hard or grass standings all with electric hook ups. We have four water points.
Chemical waste and grey water disposal on site.
We encourage recycling and there are bins provided for this purpose.
Well behaved children and dogs are welcome.
Three pubs are within easy walking distance of about one mile but there are others a short car ride away and if the weather is inclement. Maps and tourist information are available.
There is an award winning, Five star Gold accredited B&B (www.horseshoecottagefarm.com) with in two hundred yards, for family and friends to stay should there be a get together.
Hi Tim we really enjoyed our stay at your CL this weekend, we are looking forward to returning soon.
Mark and Ann
Local attractions within easy striking distance (less than 1 hour) include:
- Richard III exhibition Leicester
- Bosworth Battlefield Visit the battlefield site where Richard III fought for his life and lost his crown.
- Adjacent to Bradgate Park and Swithland Woods.
- National Trust Stoneywell. Please note that tickets must be pre-booked.
- National Forest
- National Space Centre
- Donington and Mallory Park Race Circuits
- Warwick and Belvoir Castles
- Snibston Discovery Park
- Alton Towers and Drayton Manor Theme Parks
- East Midlands Airport
- The Great Central Steam Railway
- The Peak District
- Loughborough, Oakham, Uppingham,Market Harborough and Melton Mowbray
When you dine out, why not try one of our local eateries, all within four miles: The Curzon Arms, The Griffin Inn , Wheatsheaf, Woodhouse Eaves , Ginos, The Pear Tree, Woodhouse Eaves, The Sapori, The Bluebell, Rothley, The Blacksmiths Arms, Barrow upon Soar, John's House restaurant (one Michelin star) or The Grey Lady ?
Having a lovely time. Great site and very relaxing. Good tv reception. Mobile phone reception is on and off but works outside the gates. So glad we came, couldn't wish for better weather. The owner came to see us and was very nice and helpful. Would certainly come again. 10 out of 10. Julie B June 2014