There are many walks that can be taken from the site. Maps are posted for you to download from the web page onto your phone and take with you.
- http://leicesterwalk.tripod.com/routes/019.htm 5.5 miles.
- http://www.charnwood.gov.uk/files/documents/walk_10/Walk10.pdf 4 miles.
- http://www.charnwood.gov.uk/files/documents/walk_7/Walk07.pdf 4 miles.
- http://www.nationalforest.org/visit/images/location/pdfs/Charnwood-Peaks-Map-and-route.pdf 15 miles.
- http://www.theaa.com/walks/among-the-deer-at-bradgate-420131 3.4 miles.
- http://www.gcrailway.co.uk/the-railway/walks-around-the-line/ Various other walks, but not from the site.
This is a beautiful and well maintained site set in the most fabulous location. We were greeted by a welcoming and friendly Mr Jee, who very kindly informed us of where everything was. This was our first outing for our newly converted camper van and couldn't have wished for it to have gone any better. We all had a fantastic time and will definitely be coming back. Rick F June 2014
We spent the weekend at this CL and had a lovely time although it's almost on our doorstep. We parked the car on Friday and didn't move it until Sunday. With direct access to the Leicestershire footpath network we covered the first two sections of the National Forest Walk, making them into circular walks from the site. The site is well laid out and kept, it's great to see the owners are promoting recycling. The information room was well stocked and informative. Nala June 2014