We encourage walkers and cylists to stay at Horseshoe Cottage Farm and provide them with the facilities to enable this including:
- Secure lockable areas for bikes;
- Puncture repair kit and pump;
- Hosing down facilities for bikes and boots;
- Drying room and sink;
- Spare treking poles;
- Maps with marked routes and places of interest to borrow or copy onto phone;
- There are numerous cafes,shops, pubs and tea shops dotted along all the routes for you to try;
- Tea and homemade cake on your return to replace those lost calories!
- Luxury showers and baths to ease aching limbs;
- Bicycle repairs and rental locally (Pedal Power, Lougborough).
We are happy to help transfer your luggage to your next place of stay.
Although we are not on a bus route the nearest stop is one mile away and we are happy to collect you by pre arrangement.
There are many walks that can be taken from the site. Maps are posted for you to download from the web page onto your phone and take with you.
- http://leicesterwalk.tripod.com/routes/019.htm 5.5 miles.
- http://www.charnwood.gov.uk/files/documents/walk_10/Walk10.pdf 4 miles.
- http://www.charnwood.gov.uk/files/documents/walk_7/Walk07.pdf 4 miles.
- http://www.nationalforest.org/visit/images/location/pdfs/Charnwood-Peaks-Map-and-route.pdf 15 miles.
- http://www.theaa.com/walks/among-the-deer-at-bradgate-420131 3.4 miles.
- http://www.gcrailway.co.uk/the-railway/walks-around-the-line/ Various other walks, but not from the site.